My photo
I'm an illustrator and book designer located in Holyoke, MA. Contact me for commissions or with questions at sargetsinger@gmail.com. Visit my website: sophieargetsinger.com

Monday, February 16, 2015

The dead are eating


I did this illustration as a collaboration with my pal and amazing writer Justine--I made a drawing inspired by her short story All Hallows Eve: The Dead are Eating, and she is working on a story inspired by one of my drawings (soon to come). 

Here's an excerpt from All Hallows Eve:

"It's all part of the wondering. Is there a part of us that is vaporous--detachable--to which our physical body is just an appendage?
In this culture that is terrified of mortality, I think there is something older in us that is not. I think children feel it when they put on death's clothes and run away with the reaper. What could be a better adventure, honestly, than to rove around nighttime with the traveling dead?"

Read the full story here.


No comments:

Post a Comment